- About Us
- Get Involved
|Why Should Your Science Teachers Attend CAST 2016?|
Why Should Your Science Teachers Attend CAST 2016?
Are you wondering why you should send your science teachers to CAST this year? Besides being the ONLY conference in the nation that offers the most continuing education hours focused on Texas science standards for the lowest price, CAST is also an important, hands-on, face-to-face professional development opportunity that all science teachers need.
Here are a couple other great reasons…
· CAST is the largest state science education conference in the nation
· Teachers will earn 15 professional development credit hours by attending
· There are over 700 TEKS aligned educational workshops
· Workshops are grouped by grade and subject matter so teachers can easily focus their learning
· Teachers will walk away with STEM content, lesson plans and handouts to take back to their classrooms
· Ample opportunities for peer-to-peer networking and information sharing
· Field trips opportunities to science education hot spots
· Mentorship programs for new teachers, and access to our online database of lesson plans, classroomprojects, CAST handouts, and news articles.
Teaches agree that attending CAST is highly beneficial to their teaching and ultimately to their students.
· 90% of teachers say they will attend the next year’s CAST
· 93% of attendees rate CAST’s educational opportunities above average with 85% recommending it as
· 96% of our teachers say they will recommend CAST to a friend
Let CAST improve your test scores and make the next famous scientist from your district!