We're so excited to see you at CSI CAST 2014: Creating STEM Inquiry! Here are some things to 'Know Before You Go.'
Below you will find important details about badge pickup, tote bag pickup, parking, transportation, and more. Please read this information carefully!
What to do when you arrive:
• If you pre-registered and have received a name badge email, print it out and bring with you! You may then use our Express Check In Kiosks in the registration area to print your badge and avoid the lines! Then all you have to do is pick up your Tote Bag and you are ready to go. You must have a badge to pick up the tote bag.
• If you did not get the barcode email do not worry- all you will have to do is type your last name into the system to receive your badge and tote bag.
• Pick up your materials Wednesday evening so you are free to begin attending the workshops of your choice on Thursday morning! Registration is open 4-9 on Wednesday for early pickup. Once you have your tote bag and name badge, you are free to go to your sessions! Your badge will show which short courses, field trip or Perot reception you are registered for by showing the code of the session on your badge.
Attending Workshops and Jam Sessions:
• Workshops are included in the price of your badge. Workshop attendance is on a first come, first served basis. Arrive early!
• There are over 700 workshops occurring over the course of the conference, so use the printed program and your CAST App to help you get from session to session. You must have a name badge in order to get into the workshops. Every room needs to be cleared after each session so that the next presenter may set up for their workshop.
Adding Paid Sessions:
• You may add additional paid sessions (short courses, luncheons) online before the conference or you can add short courses and field trips at on-site registration.
• All paid sessions will close online the day before they take place.
• All field trips depart from Level 1, curbside at the Jade Entrance. No changes will be allowed for field trips.
• Perot Reception required early registration and is now sold out. If you registered for it your badge will say “Perot”.
• All attendees are welcome to the Friday Reception with Emerald City Band at 6pm in Chantilly Ballroom, no registration needed
If you are in the local area PLEASE carpool. The Hiton Anatole has 5 lots and we have also secured 3 additional lots across the highway near the World Trade Center (Lots C, D, E) at Wycliff and Dallas Market Center. We will be running shuttles to the offsite parking.
Continuing Education Credit:
• All sessions at CAST offer TEA approved continuing education credit. In the back of your program, there is a form to fill out which sessions you attended to count your hours.
• Click Here to view the full CAST 2014 Schedule including all 700 Workshops
• The Free CAST Phone App is now available for download for iPhone and Android. Search "CAST2014" in your app store.
• Dallas Visitor Information can be found at the Information booth near Trinity Exhibit Hall during registration hours on Thursday and Friday to advise you on restaurants and local attractions. Also for Dallas area restaurants, events, and attractions check out the CAST Mobile App City Guide!
• The App will ask for a username and login. Please use the same username/password you created for http://cast.hubb.me. Please bring a sweater – it will be cold! Also, make sure you keep snacks in your hotel room for during the day. All meeting space and hotel rooms will have free Wifi.
Please note we will NOT be in the STAT Office during CAST. If you require assistance you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to one of the Information Booths onsite in Dallas. Thank you for your attention, and have a safe trip to Dallas!
Call for Volunteers
We are still in need of a few Volunteers, especially workshop runners. Click Here to Volunteer!
Looking forward to seeing you there!