We are so excited to see you at CAST 2015: Defying Gravity!
Below you will find important details about badge pickup, tote bag pickup, parking, transportation and more. Please read this information carefully.
For an Agenda-At-A-Glance (click here)
What to Pack:
· Print the Registration Confirmation emailed to you with the bar code or have the email ready on your smart phone when you check-in at the registration counter.
· Download the CAST 2015 App by searching for “CAST 2015” in the Apple or Android app store. Our new app will help you prepare for the conference by keeping all information at your fingertips. You can also receive alerts for important events, mark your favorite sessions and much more! To login into the CAST 2015 App – User Name: Your email address; Password: CAST2015
· Searchable database within the app: Click on the “Schedule’ (first icon in the app). Password: Your email address; Password: CAST2015.
· Online (on your computer): https//cast2015.hubb.me Same login as above.
· Please pack comfortable business attire clothes and your most comfortable walking shoes.
· Payment must be received prior to your name badge being picked up. If you have not paid for your registration, please bring a check or credit card with you to the “On-Site Registration” counter. ($180.00/Full Registration per person or $60/Saturday Only per person).
· The Omni, Hilton and Sheraton Hotels are within walking distance of the Fort Worth Convention Center – no shuttle service provided.
· Shuttle bus service will be available between the Worthington Renaissance Hotel, TownePlace Suites and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. If your hotel is not on the shuttle route, you will need to find alternate transportation to a shuttle stop or to the facility.
· Shuttle bus service will be provided to the Educational Excursions (Field Trips). Available complimentary on a first-come, first-served basis on Thursday and Friday from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. Wear your CAST name badge and you will receive free entry into the:
§ Fort Worth Science and History Museum (does not include the OMNI theater)
§ Botanical Research Institute of Texas (BRIT)
§ Amon Carter Museum
§ Fort Worth Community Arts Center
§ National Cowgirl Museum
· Parking: Several parking locations are available near the Fort Worth Convention Center. For parking lots in downtown Fort Worth (click on “Parking” above)
· Pick up your name badge and materials at the Fort Worth Convention Center, Exhibit Hall D. Bring your name badge confirmation with you to the PRE-REGISTRATION counter. Registration is open:
§ Wednesday, November 11, 2015 – 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
§ Thursday, November 12, 2015 – 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
§ Friday, November 13, 2015 – 7:30 am – 2:00 pm
§ Saturday, November 14, 2015 – 7:30 am – 10:00 am
· Pick up your tote bag and conference materials. You must have a name badge to pick up your tote bag/conference materials. One tote bag per registrant.
· Food Court – There will be a Food Court open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the Fort Worth Convention Center, Exhibit Hall D serving breakfast, lunch and snacks. A variety of food will be available and at reasonable prices. The Omni, Hilton and Sheraton will also have quick “grab and go” food available. Outside food is not allowed in the meeting rooms.
NAME BADGES ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND SESSIONS, THE SOCIAL AND
TO ENTER THE EXHIBIT HALL.
· Sessions will be held at:
§ Fort Worth Convention Center – Registration, Short Courses, Exhibits, Featured Sessions, Food Court, and a variety of High School, Middle School and Elementary sessions.
§ Omni Hotel – a concentration of High School sessions.
§ Hilton Hotel – a concentration of Middle School sessions.
§ Sheraton Hotel – a concentration of Pre-K and Elementary sessions
· Workshops are included in the price of your badge. Workshop attendance is on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early!
· All sessions are limited in attendance to the number of chairs in the room. Due to Fire Marshall Regulations, you are not allowed to sit on the floor or stand against the wall. If asked to leave by a STAT Volunteer, please understand they are upholding these regulations. Non-compliance could cause the conference to be closed by the Fire Marshall. Thank you for your understanding.
· There are over 700 sessions occurring over the course of the conference, so use the printed program and your CAST 2015 App to help you get from session to session. You must have a name badge in order to enter into session rooms.
· Every room must be cleared after each session so the next presenter may set up for his/her session.
· Babies/Children are not allowed to attend sessions. Please remember, other attendees have paid to hear the presentations without disruptions. Exception: a few workshops have included children to assist with their presentation. Children are not allowed in the Exhibit Hall.
· All paid sessions will close online the day before they take place.
Mothership CAST Reception, featuring:
· Award Winners
· Live Music
· Minute To Win It! Game
· Hor d’oeuvres and cash bars
· Costume Contest –