WORKSHOPS, SHORT COURSES, EXHIBITOR WORKSHOP/PRODUCT DEMO
PROPOSALS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Workshops, Short Courses & Exhibitor Workshops/Product Demo
Upon submittal of a proposal application, each presenter or co-presenter agrees to the Terms & Conditions herein stated:
- Presenter(s) will be responsible for all travel arrangements, expenses, honoraria, or any other compensation from STAT in connection with the program.
- Presenters must register for CAST 2016
- Presenter agrees to comply with all program-related deadlines provided by the Science Teachers Association of Texas, including, but not limited to deadlines for acceptance to present, presentation handouts or presenter bios.
- Presenter(s) agree to a royalty-free license to use and distribute handouts and PowerPoint presentations to all STAT members. This license does not change the fact that the presenter(s) will retain copyright ownership of their presentation, and does not prohibit presenters from using their presentation in any way or from allowing others to use it.
- Presenters authorize STAT to use their name, likeness, photograph, and biographical data in connection with the use and promotion of the program.
- CAST will provide screens in all rooms and microphones in rooms with a capacity of over 50. Presenters will need to provide all other equipment for their sessions including projectors.
- STAT will provide one (1) hardwired internet connection in a limited number of meeting rooms (wireless internet will not be provided). Additional connections must be purchased by the Presenter or the Registrant. Personal "Hot Spots" may be used inside the convention center; however, STAT is not accountable for the connection. If you require an internet connection, please make sure to indicate your internet requirement on your submission application.
- Presenters must check in when they arrive at the conference. Presenters are requested to check-in at least 30-minutes prior to their session.
- No presentations may be cancelled 90 days before CAST (August 11, 2016), except for extenuating circumstances. Cancellation after the deadline may result in the presenter’s proposals not being considered for future CAST conferences. Cancellations will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the local committee. No shows onsite without notification will be banned from presenting at future CASTs, regardless of reason.
- Presenters are allowed to have one official co-presenter. Additional co-presenters may assist with sessions, but will not be listed in the program. The official co-presenter should be the presider of the course, checking in attendees at the door and making sure rooms are not over capacity.
- Presentations may be videotaped for attendees to view after the conference. Presenter handouts will be made available only to CAST attendees and members of the Science Teachers Association of Texas. To the best of your knowledge, the presentation does not violate any proprietary or personal rights of others (including copyright, trademark and privacy rights), is factually accurate, and contains nothing defamatory or otherwise unlawful. Presenter has the full authority to enter into this agreement and have obtained all necessary permissions or licenses from any individuals or organizations whose material is included or used in the presentation.
- Presenter agrees for the use of their name, photograph, and biographical data in connection with the use and promotion of the session.
- CAST will pay for the room rental for workshops and short courses, including set-up of the tables and chairs. CAST will not pay for additional room set-ups or presenter supplies unless expressly agreed in writing.
- Workshops are free for teachers to attend with their registrant badge.
Short Courses Only:
- Short courses are paid events and the presenter will be reimbursed for the total cost per registrant as requested on the presenter’s proposal application.
- According to CAST policy, short course presenters must not make a profit from their presentation and the requested fees should cover the cost of supplies and copies only.
- The local committee has the right to question the fees requested on a short course proposal.
- Commercial vendors promoting a product may not hold short courses for a fee.
- An additional $10 administrative fee will be added to each short course and will be paid by the registrant.
Exhibitor Workshops/Product Demo:
- A presentation that promotes a product in which the presenter has a financial interest, or is representing a company which has a financial interest, is not allowed unless they purchase an exhibit booth.
- The Exhibitor Workshops are 60 minute sessions.
- Exhibitor workshops are defined as a presentation that utilizes any product and/or program that is for sale. Non-profit organizations are only excluded from the exhibitor workshop category if programs and products discussed in the workshop are totally and unconditionally free of charge to teachers. Each CAST exhibitor is welcome to submit ONE exhibitor workshop/product demo for automatic acceptance into the CAST program. Exhibitors that have not purchased sponsorship are limited to one exhibitor workshop per company. Companies exhibiting at CAST may NOT submit regular workshops as those are reserved for teacher presenters with free materials.
- All exhibitors who wish to host a workshop must submit their proposals online by the established deadline date, and are guaranteed that one workshop will be included in the program at no charge. Vendors who have 3 or more exhibit spaces in the exhibit hall may have two workshops included in the program at no charge.
- Additional exhibitor workshops are allowed on a space available basis and the payment of a $400 fee per additional workshop.
- Exhibitors may also purchase a vendor suite. A vendor suite is a room dedicated to the sole use of the purchaser for the duration of the conference. A company in a vendor suite may host as many workshops as permitted by the program workshop schedule.