Workshops, Short Courses, Exhibitor Workshop/Product Demo
Proposals Terms and Conditions
Workshops and Short Courses
- All presenters and co-presenters must register for CAST.
- CAST will provide screens in all rooms and microphones in rooms with a capacity of over 50. Presenters will need to provide all other equipment for their sessions including projectors and the purchase of internet access (wireless internet will not be provided). NOTE: A limited number of workshops will be provided with internet for the speaker's computer (not the entire classroom), if you require internet for your presentation, please check the applicable box. Staff will send the "contact presenter" an email confirming internet.
- Presenters must check in when they arrive at the conference. Registration will be held on the street level of the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, Bridge Hall.
- Presenter name (main presenter) will be published online and in the printed program.
- No presentations may be cancelled 90 days before CAST (August 11, 2016), except for extenuating circumstances. Cancellation after the deadline may result in the presenter’s proposals not being considered for future CAST conferences. Cancellations will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the local committee. No shows onsite without notification will be banned from presenting at future CASTs, regardless of reason.
- Presenters are allowed to have one official co-presenter. Additional co-presenters may assist with sessions, but will not be listed in the program. The official co-presenter should be the presider of the course, checking in attendees at the door and making sure rooms are not over capacity.
- Presenters must read and adhere to STAT’s Safety Policy
- Presentations may be videotaped for attendees to view after the conference. Presenter handouts may also be made available only to CAST attendees and members of the Science Teachers Association of Texas. NOTE: STAT does NOT print out handouts. Handouts are available in an electronic format only.
- CAST will pay for the room rental for workshops and short courses, including set-up of the tables and chairs. CAST will not pay for additional room set-ups or presenter supplies unless expressly agreed in writing.
- Workshops are free for teachers to attend with their registrant badge.
Short Courses Only:
- Short courses are paid events and the presenter will be reimbursed for the total cost per registrant as requested on the presenter’s proposal application.
- According to CAST policy, short course presenters must not make a profit from their presentation and the requested fees should cover the cost of supplies and copies only.
- The local committee has the right to question the fees requested on a short course proposal.
- Commercial vendors promoting a product may not hold short courses for a fee.
- An additional $15 administrative fee will be added to each short course and will be paid by the registrant.
Exhibitor Workshops/Product Demo:
- A presentation that promotes a product in which the presenter has a financial interest, or is representing a company which has a financial interest, is not allowed unless they purchase an exhibit booth.
- The Exhibitor Workshops are 60 minute sessions.
- Exhibitor workshops are defined as a presentation that utilizes any product and/or program that is for sale. Non-profit organizations are only excluded from the exhibitor workshop category if programs and products discussed in the workshop are totally and unconditionally free of charge to teachers. Each CAST exhibitor is welcome to submit ONE exhibitor workshop/product demo for automatic acceptance into the CAST program. Exhibitors that have not purchased sponsorship are limited to one exhibitor workshop per company. Companies exhibiting at CAST may NOT submit regular workshops as those are reserved for teacher presenters with free materials.
- All exhibitors who wish to host a workshop must submit their proposals online by the established deadline date, and are guaranteed that one workshop will be included in the program at no charge. Vendors who have 3 or more exhibit spaces in the exhibit hall may have two workshops included in the program at no charge.
- Additional exhibitor workshops are allowed on a space available basis and the payment of a $400 fee per additional workshop.
- Exhibitors may also purchase a vendor suite. A vendor suite is a room dedicated to the sole use of the purchaser for the duration of the conference. A company in a vendor suite may host as many workshops as permitted by the program workshop schedule.